Selling homes in the current economic environment can be tricky business. The keys to succeeding in this market are:
- Hire a competent agent to represent your interests and counsel you in pricing and marketing your home. Like Rick Van Wieren
- Don’t scrimp on ‘fix-ups’ for your home. The ones that shine, sell (assuming they are priced sharp!)
- Prepare for low offers. No matter how well your house is priced, buyers are looking for ‘deals’. There is nothing wrong with sticking with your price (if it is right to begin with!), but be emotionally prepared for low offers.
- Price your house objectively. Your agent will help you with this, but it is important to be objective, and what you paid for your house 2 years ago is not necessarily what it will sell for right now.
- Don’t sell if you don’t need to. There are plenty of homes out there for sale, and unless you are really serious about getting yours sold at whatever price the market will bear, it might be better to wait until stronger market conditions exist, especially if you are in one of the higher price categories.
- If you owe more than you think your home is worth, but still NEED to sell, Rick is a Certified Distressed Property Expert, and can help you with options. You may want to visit the US Government’s Mortgage Prevention web site to see which of the seveal programs they have that you might be eligible for.
For a free, private consultation on selling your home, call Rick at 719-590-4768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the following form: