Although there has been talk about the market slowing down, there is much more to the story than that.
As of 1/18/19 there were 1,624 single family homes for sale in the Pikes Peak Region. However, of that number, only 1,230 were existing family homes or move-in ready homes (meaning this excludes under construction and to be built homes).
Of those 1,230 homes, only 884 were actually IN El Paso County. Of those homes, only 469 were under $400,000! And more shockingly, only 214 homes were under $300,000 (around our median price).
So while it may look as though less homes are being sold, there is actually a major inventory shortage, especially in the affordable price range.
- 1,624 Single Family Homes for Sale in Pikes Peak Region
- 1,230 Single Family Homes for Sale that are Existing Homes or Move-In Ready
- 884 Single Family Homes, Existing/Move-In Ready that are in El Paso County
- 469 Single Family Homes, Existing/Move-In Ready, In El Paso County, Under $400,000
- 214 Single Family Homes, Existing/Move-In Ready, In El Paso County, Under $300,000